Disclaimer: The Cancer Care Club wishes to point out that while we provide information on this page to assist people who are seeking information on cancer related topics and services, by doing so we in no way endorse or support any of these businesses or organisations. Use of this listed information is entirely at your own risk.
The Cancer Care Club is a support group for patients’ and their families, carers and friends who are undergoing or have been treated for cancer within East Kent Hospitals Trust or the Kent Oncology Centre. We fund our work by fundraising and donations and do not have any affiliation to other charities or support groups. We do however work alongside Macmillan and others to provide information and support. You will have been provided with a patient information folder on diagnosis, this folder has been provided by The Cancer Care Club.
We cannot provide or offer professional advice or support as we are all volunteers and not healthcare professionals. Our purpose is to offer social support to our members and their families and friends. It is an opportunity to meet together with people who have undergone or are going through a similar journey and experience. We also raise funds to improve equipment and services at the hospitals in East Kent and The Kent Oncology Centre in Canterbury.
Below we have assembled various information resources which may be of use to you as a newly diagnosed patient or a family member or friend of someone who has been so diagnosed.
- Getting in touch with your Specialist Nurse (Keyworker) The Cancer Coordinator Line: 01227868666, please call the office & you will be Triaged & if appropriate you will be booked into the next available CNS telephone clinic & the CNS will then call you back. They can help with Diagnosis, Investigations and treatment, Symptom management, Emotional issues and free prescriptions. They can also put you in touch with other services such as counsellor, social worker, benefits advice and complementary therapies.
- Macmillan Cancer Support: Need to talk? Call free on 0808 808 00 00 Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm
- Macmillan Welfare Benefits Advice: 01227 762122 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link below to open a pdf file of all the service locations in East Kent: Macmillan welfare info
- Macmillan East Kent Volunteer Service in conjunction with Carers Trust and Crossroads Care East Kent. Tel: 0845 095 8000 or email: macmillaneastkent@:gmail.com
- Specialist Counselling Service (Canterbury/ Barham areas – www.carolinearmstrongtherapy.co.uk )Caroline was an Oncology Counsellor at a large London hospital for 8 years, and is now in private practice in the Canterbury area. She has a good understanding of what people can go through emotionally when they face diagnosis, treatment and living with cancer. She is currently offering a discounted fee to members of Canterbury Cancer Care Club. Please feel free to make contact.
Caroline Armstrong, MBACP – Tel: 07462 198107 Email: email@example.com
I have added this new lingerie shop in Herne Bay to our list of resources for new and existing breast surgery patients and indeed any lady who wishes to visit to see the range of lingerie on offer. details of the Open Afternnon are shown in details below below. you can also see the flyer by clicking on this pdf file link: Amoena-Event-pdf
UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTRE PSYCHOLOGICAL THERAPIES INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS:L
Below are two pdf files of a leaflet explaining this service, which some people might find useful.
We hope you find our website and this page helpful. If you have any comments, please feel free to get in touch via our contact tab.